The Point Cabrillo Lighthouse Station State Historic Park includes the historic 1909 Light Station (30.5 acres), and approximately 270 acres of undeveloped coastal bluffs and prairie.
The property was purchased and preserved from development in 1992 by the California State Coastal Conservancy and managed by a non-profit affiliate, the North Coast Interpretive Association. In 2002, the property transferred to the California Department of Parks and Recreation. Management of the programs and restoration activities was assumed by a newly formed non-profit organization: The Point Cabrillo Lightkeepers Association (PCLK).
Mission and Values – Point Cabrillo Lighthouse
To ensure this national treasure for current and future generations, the mission of the Point Cabrillo Lightkeepers Association is to manage, protect, restore, interpret, and provide public access to the historic Point Cabrillo Light Station State Historic Park, and to assist State Parks in maintenance of the historic structures and gardens.
The following values of the Point Cabrillo Lighthouse Lightkeepers Association shall guide our future decisions and activities:
- Ensure public access to the Point Cabrillo Light Station and state park.
- Promote the significance of all the historic and natural resources through quality visitor education and interpretive programs.
- Protect the historic integrity of the Light Station.
- Enhance and protect the wildlife habitat outside the 30 acre Light Station.
- Restore and preserve the historical character of the site.
- Promote and sustain strong volunteer involvement in all aspects of operations.
- Advocate for community interests and concerns at every level of management, planning, and actions.
The preserve occupies a spectacular headland thrusting out into the Pacific Ocean. Park and walk the half-mile down the access road to explore the Light Station. It is comprised of the lighthouse and three original lightkeepers’ houses and outbuildings. The fully restored lighthouse is open 365 days a year from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. The preserve grounds are open for pedestrian use from sunrise to sunset daily. Accessible parking is available in front of the light station residences.
“Cooperating associations are non-profit charitable organizations dedicated to enhancing the educational and interpretive services offered in California’s state parks.” PCLK has a great new website that offers the most up to date and accurate information for the park unit.
Please note: The park is open daily sunrise to sunset.
Contact The Point Cabrillo Lighthouse:
Point Cabrillo Light Station
45300 Lighthouse Rd.
Mendocino CA 95460
office phone: 707.937.6123